Precautions Of Li-Po Battery
If the customer needs other applications or the operating conditions are beyond the scope of this document, please contact us in advance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In this case, you may need to add experiments to verify performance and security.
We will not be liable for any use of batteries under the other conditions described in this document. We will inform customers in writing that improvements, if any, regarding the proper use and handling of batteries are deemed necessary.
Storage of Li-Po Battery
- To maintain the li-po battery capacity, it is recommended that the lipo battery and li-po battery pack be stored at -20 to 35 ° C with low humidity and no corrosive gas.
- Avoid storing the battery in high temperature or high humidity. Doing so may cause the li-po battery to leak, rust, and have low capacity.
- Long-term storage may result in the capacity of li-po battery and li-po battery pack be less, may require up to 1-3 charge / discharge cycles to achieve the highest discharge capacity.
- The li-po battery needs to be re-charged and re-discharged once after three months of storage.
Cautions Of Li-Po Battery
- Do not allow reverse charging, the li-po battery should be accurately connected by polarity, can not be reversed.
- Do not allow short circuits, as this can cause permanent damage.
- The li-po battery can not be used under extreme conditions, such as: extreme temperature, deep cycle, extreme overcharge and over-discharge.
- Store the li-po battery in a cool, dry place. If a large amount of li-po battery is stored or shipped, the li-po battery must be discharged first.
- Do not solder the li-po battery directly.
- If the li-po battery is noisy, high temperature, liquid leakage and other anomalies, please stop using it immediately.
- Do not put li-po battery into fire or attempt to disassemble, otherwise may burn or produce harmful substances.
- It is not permissible to mix old li-po batteries or half-used li-po batteries with new li-po batteries as this may result in over-discharge.
- Do not cut the case and remove the shrink wrapped of li-po battery.
- Do not allow li-po batteries to be put in water directly.
Proper Use and Handling
- The battery should be charged before use.
- Please refer to our company’s technical specifications for charging method
- Use the appropriate charger for charging.
- The use of the battery should be kept in a ventilated environment, otherwise hydrogen gas will be generated and it will explode in the presence of a fire source.
- To prevent the battery from damaging your skin and eyes due to the alkaline fluid that has been splashed by heat, do not spearate the battery pack or allow it to get squeezed or bumped.
- Keep batteries away from children. If swallowed, contact the doctor immediately.
- When the battery is not in use, it should be removed from the device.
- The new battery or the battery after long-term storage needs to be fully charged before use.
- When the temperature of the battery is high, do not touch it without cooling.
- During the use of the battery, if the battery’s electricity is found to be reduced, the device should be immediately turned off to avoid discharge.
- When unplugging the battery pack, hold the connector and not the wire.
- After the battery is used, if it is hot, place the battery in location free of direct sunlight for cooling before recharging.